Published August 31, 2010
Genre: YA Fantasy
“Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through supernatural glamours.
She’s also about to find out that she may be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
For fans of Teen Wolf, Buffy, and Supernatural, this New York Times bestseller is a witty, fresh, and downright fun read that will capture your heart.”
Quick and Dirty review:
I do not know why I had not heard of this book series before?! Was I living under a rock all of 2010? I was in my senior year of college so… maybe. If the rock was made of booze and unfinished assignments. I gave this novel 5 stars for a few reasons:
- It has tons of different paranormal creatures. (YAY!)
- And a teenage heroine who is so FUN, relatable, special and written in a realistic hormone and pop culture-fueled way.
- Also, while YA paranormal romances or YA fantasy is no stranger to these characters and this type of storyline, I thought it had some very original elements to it.
- I really enjoyed the writing style and the quirky protagonist narrator that kept me hooked from the first page.
- I personally LOVE this genre!
- I love Faeries! I especially love when they are portrayed in a dark way… I find it more realistic. (I know they aren’t REAL– but if they were, I think being able to live forever would cause any creature to lose touch with their morality.)
If you like any of those points or if you are a fan of this genre then I highly recommend this book for a quick and entertaining read. Be warned that the protagonist has a cute idiom where she says bleep in place of curse words, which according to other reviews some people found annoying. I however, felt the story behind this habit was completely believable and it was sweet for a 15 year old girl.
Thanks lovelies! Happy Reading!