What Are You Reading Wednesday was created by Rhianna, Marissa, and Kendall. The idea is to create a space for book lovers to share, discuss, and recommend the books they are currently reading and loving. All you have to do is answer the questions about your current read and then head over to one of the host’s sites to link up your post! Have fun and don’t forget to check out everyone’s posts as well!
Share the book/s you are reading with their author, maybe even the cover, and then answer these questions for at least one of them
1. Why did you decide to pick up this book–cover or content?
2. Who is your favorite character so far, and why?
3. Will you finish this one?
4. Finish the sentence: This book reminds me of…(other books, movies, tv shows…)
5. What type of read is this one? (slow but interesting, cannot put it down…)
Published January 31, 2006
1) Why did you decide to pick up this book–cover or content?
Mostly content, because I’ve heard such great things about this series. The cover is pretty cool too though!
2) Who is your favorite character so far, and why?
Mercy, the main character, is my favorite character so far. She is such a strong and good hearted woman, whom is not afraid to fight for her friends and what’s right. Plus, she has a pretty special talent that I think is cool.
3) Will you finish this one?
Absolutely! I’ve already got the next one on deck to read/listen to next!
4) Finish the sentence: This book reminds me of…(other books, movies, tv shows…)
I dunno… I guess it reminds me a little of the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost except from the werewolves point of view instead of the vampires. Those novels are also great if you want an exciting world to get lost in!
5) What type of read is this one? (slow but interesting, cannot put it down…)
Moon Called captivated me from the beginning! I don’t know why it took me so long to jump on this bandwagon! But now that I’m here I plan to binge read/listen to all the rest of them. Also, let me take a minute to tell you how absolutely amazing Lorelei King, the narrator, is! She reads it so naturally and wonderfully. I feel like I’m in the story with the characters. She is just amazing and I love all of her performances so far.
For those that have read this series along with her Alpha and Omega series, should I read all of the Mercy Thompson novels first or should I try to read them in the order they supposedly fall in the universe? Meaning next I would read Alpha and Omega then Crywolf before I would read the second Mercy Thompson novel.
What are you reading? I’d love to know!